If you or someone you know is in crisis, find local and national support.
Sexual Health Emergencies
For support for survivors of all forms of sexual violence, including medical and legal advocacy, support groups, and short-term counseling contact the 24-hour crisis line at 608-265-6389. Students may use the Campus or Community Office.
- Campus Rape Crisis Center: 333 E. Campus Mall, #7901, 608-265-6389
- Community Rape Crisis Center: 2801 Coho St., #301, 608-251-5126
- UHS Sexual Health Emergencies (emergency contraception, sexual assault, HIV post-exposure)
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS)
- Forge (trans sexual violence resources)
- Outreach Center (LGBTQ domestic violence support groups)
Mental Health Emergencies
UHS offers 24-hour crisis intervention services for enrolled students or for those who are concerned about an enrolled student. If you are feeling desperate or thinking about suicide, or you’re afraid for the well-being of someone you know, you can call UHS at 608-265-5600 (select option 9).
If your situation is immediately life-threatening, please call 911 or get yourself safely to the nearest hospital emergency room (the three local hospital ERs are listed below):
UW Hospital Emergency Room: 600 Highland Avenue, 608-262-2398
Meriter Hospital Emergency Room: 202 S. Park St., 608-267-6206
St. Mary’s Hospital Emergency Room: 707 S. Mills St., 608-258-6800
Click a pin on the map below for more information.
Find Crisis Support Services
View in a larger map